To Aunty Lily-buds, sorry lah. You'll have to put up with more Switchfoot in the coming weeks.
More info to be found at www.onearmed.net. You also stand a chance to win tickets at www.mtvasia.com. All you have to do is sign up as a member of the site and answer the question (Duh, California).
So, GO, sign up and if you do win, we'll split 50-50 ;)
Details are as follows.
Switchfoot Live In Malaysia
Date : Saturday, February 2, 2008
Venue : Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre - Hall 4
Doors open : 6.30pm
Opening act : Love Me Butch
Ticket prices: RM120 (pre-sale), RM 140 (at door)
* All ticket prices exclude RM3 processing fee
In case you're wondering where it is, or how to get there, I've compiled some information from various sites.
#1. Getting there by LRT (Monorail)
Pros : No car means no having to drive around madly for parking spaces. No likely traffic jam caused by possible Switchfoot fan mobs.
Cons : Packed trains pre/post concert. And after the exhilaration and jumping and moshing and screaming, you'll be sitting there and breathing the same air that circulates through their sweaty goodness-knows-wheres.
Getting there by LRT - Putra LRT Route Map
Just get yourself to any one of the stations and purchase a ticket to KLCC (ask for a 2 way ticket if you plan on getting both there and back the same way you came).
At the station, turn left after exiting the turnstiles and walk through the Suria KLCC shopping centre Concourse Level to the Centre Court. Turn left and make your way past Cold Storage to the Guardian Pharmacy where there is a walkway through to the Convention Centre. Take the elevator to the Ground Floor where you will be directed to the Registration area. (sourced from KL Convention Centre website)
#2. Driving there
Pros : Drive there in the comfort of your own car, no noisy public throng to sit with.
Cons : Parking spaces might be limited. Getting there and back might take a while due to traffic congestion.
Map to KL
Map to KLCC
Map to KLCC (2)
Map to KL Convention Centre
(Have a look at all of them to get a better picture of things)
If you are driving, here are your parking options:
- Take the first left after the Mandarin Oriental Hotel from Jalan Pinang up the ramp to the access to the car parking below the Centre.
- Park in KLCC Suria Car Park and exit to the Concourse level Centre Court. Make your way past Cold Storage to the Guardian Pharmacy where there is a walkway through to the Convention Centre. Take the elevator to the Ground Floor where you will be directed to the Registration area.
- Take a cab there. No parking contrainsts to worry about. If you are in a taxi or a chauffeured car, approach the Centre along Jalan Pinang and turn left into the main entrance (second turn after the Mandarin Oriental Hotel) for dropping off.
- Shop all day at KLCC. Wait till the concert and catch a movie after. Everyone would have disappeared by then.
That's all for now folks! Start whipping out those albums you want autographed and a plethora of pens if you want the bassist to sign in one colour and the drummer another. I'm off to memorize them lyrics!