Tuesday, January 1, 2008

My New Year Spaghetti

Happy New Year everyone, though I really can't see what the fuss is all about. I spent my remnants of 2007 in bed (sleeping, of course). You can never quite have too much sleep.

Today feels like any other I've had during these hols, which are abruptly coming to an unfortunate end. Wake in time for lunch, then bum around all day doing what I fancy.

I imagine most of you waould have made new year resolutions already. I'm planning on putting 'Not Procrastinating' on the top of my list, but I'll do that later.

So, my way of celebrating the new year was to cook something up. I've been dying to try this recipe I found for weeks now and I thought this would be a pretty good excuse for me to whip up lunch.

Here it is, Spaghetti ala Carbonara.
























Some of the ingredients, ready to be prepared and cooked.


















Frying the bacon. It's gives off a lovely fragrance when lightly fried in olive oil.


















Bacon! Unfortunately for some, non-halal.

















The finished product. Spaghetti ala Carbonara.


















Fresh out of the frying pan and onto the dishes it goes.

It didn't taste too bad, but it was a little dry since it was the fried kind. I guess we're more used to Carbonara having it's mouth-wateringly creamy sauce to top off the noodles.

Don't be fooled by how it looks, it actually is really filling because of the ingredients used, double cream, cheese and 6 eggs among them. We had a hard time finishing off everything.

Next stop, I'll try my hand at Bolognaise and see if anyone gets indigestion. :)

No comments: