Sunday, June 29, 2008

The World is Fat?

This happened quite some time ago, but it's so funny I just had to share it!I bought a book a couple of months back, and for those who haven't read it, it's a really good book. It's called 'The World is Flat' by this chap called Thomas L. Friedman. Isn't that a kick-tooshie name? Its sorta like Fried-man, but way cooler cause its just Friedman. Do you pronounce it Fried-man, or just Freeeedman?














Anyway, I was buying the book with my sister at MPH, One Utama, but I was kinda lazy to go get it. The conversation went something like this:

Jon : Wei, go get me a book from that corner, it's called 'The World is Flat'.

Sis : What?? The world is Fat?? Like you la!

Jon : . . .

Not wanting to be outdone, my brain coughed up what seemed to be the most appropriate answer in a situation as such.

Jon : No. The world is FLAT. Like YOU!

Sis : Nooooooooooooooooo!

Muhaha. Maybe the end was a tad exaggerated, but you should have seen her face! And I couldn't stop laughing after that. Absolutely priceless. Of course I didn't mean it, but theres always that compulsive need to insult your siblings, in a uhh, loving sort of way.

Man, when we're all old and saggy I'd really like to be able to visit my blog again and read this. I'll probably have a good time laughing it off.:)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i think i can imagine ur sister's face at that time.. hahaha.. it's so funny... pity ur sis le..

Jonathan Mah said...

haha! it's not like I started it though. :)